Thursday, March 24, 2022

2nd Day Of School



It's friggin hot! We've got 2 electric outlets, 3 computers, and a fan. 

The yellow towel on my shoulders a a sweat rag. 

The face I seem to be making is be chewing sugarcane. I've been here about 3 weeks now. On a sugarcane farm and this was the first time they gave me fresh sugarcane. 

Tastes like sugar 😜. But with wood pulp. 
Anyway, today we spent mostly on English lessons, more computer basics, and of course, typing. 

With the 2 outlets, we basically rotate which computers are being charged and the fan being on. 

Having some fun while doing it all too. They have some starfruit trees here. They eat it before it's ripe. Super sour. They add salt, vinager and salt. They didn't tell me it was salt. I thought it was sugar. I tasted it. Expecting sweet & sour... Spit it out right away because of the surprise taste of sour & salt. Yuck. 

We all had a good laugh. 

They also have some coconut trees. The last time I had fresh coconut and coconut water was in the late 90's in south east Asia (Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia). Yum. 

At night, some of the noises around here include this croaking type sound. I was told it's a gecko of some kind. Finally actually saw one. The noise is a lot louder than one would expect from these guys. 

-------------------------------------------------------------
If you're so inclined, or know someone that would be, please share this link so that others might have the opportunity to help out as well:  https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8HL5qm66vG

2 comments:

money & rides

Their money... The exchange rate was roughly 51p to $1. So, $100usd = $5,271.70. It was a bit hard to tell what was going to be cheap vs. ex...