The Clark / Manila bus is about a 3 hour ride. But, we're not sure what the bus schedule is...
Working our way backwards in time, to make our flight, we need to leave Clark no later than 11a.
I need cash, so we wake up early, get ready, look for ATM. The one right in front of the hotel is out of order.
We ask hotel clerk of they know where another one is. It's 3 blocks away. No problem. We'll walk.
But this trike guy keeps clapping at us. This is a thing they do to get you attention and it's also how you get their attention if you want a ride.
I keep motioning in different ways that we don't need a ride. But he comes over anyway. Rheena decides we should go with him. Fine. How much could he charge already?
3 blocks. He wants 100php!? For reference, it was 100php from the bus @ the mall to our hotel. About a 15 minute drive. No way! I tell him that's rediculous. I ask Rheena to help me translate here. Honestly, a bit disappointed. She wasn't very helpful. I got him down to 70php. Asshole.
Fine. I get up ATM, get my cash, and we start walking back to hotel. He's lurking. Wants to give us a ride back. Are you frikkin kidding me?! Go away!
We get back to hotel, check out and now we need a ride to SM City Mall to catch the bus from Clark to Manila.
Guess who's outside waiting for us. He comes over, offers a ride for 100php! I tell him no way! He asks how much am I willing to pay. I tell him 50 tops.
He declines and him and Rheena start chatting. I tell her no way. He charged is really 80php for 3 blocks and there's no way I'm paying him. They continue to go at it. I try explaining to Rheena that I know the rate to SM City is 100. But, this guy ripped is off, if he wants to take us. He has to make up for it and even 50 is too much. I'll pay anytime else 100 because they didn't rip us off.
He goes away, but now he's waving all the other trikes away from us. Mother f!
I have another idea. We'll get a cab with Grab. It'll be a bit more expensive but, it'll be air-conditioned and quick.
I check Grab and wouldn't you know, it's about 100php in a cab. I know notice they have another feature. You can order a trike.
Perfect. I'll order a trike. Grab has my credit card do no need to bother with cash. And the trikes are 67php. We other a trike. 5 minutes later, he shows up. Good to go.
We get to SM City. I cash only. I didn't notice that before. But, looking at the app, yup. Cash. Well, I don't have small enough bills. He doesn't have enough change for my 500php.
Great. Now I gotta find a way to get his money. I ask some people around. No one has change. However, the bus attendant comes over to see what's going on. We explain. He tells Rheena that he'll lend us the money. The bus won't be there until 11:45a. The mall doesn't open until 10a. It's about 9:45a. We planned to go in anyway. Get some breakfast. Maybe get a pair of sandals.
Dude. That was very trusting of the bus attendant. In a place that seems everyone is looking for ways to rip you off, finding someone to do that. Faith in humanity restored.
Sounds like a virtual assistant would have really been helpful
ReplyDeleteIndeed
Delete