Thursday, March 17, 2022

up the mountain we go...


See that mountain? We've got to go up there. That's where our village of Treshermanos is. 

It's about an 1.5 hours drive from the Bacolod airport to where our road ends. 

Then about a 1+ hour walk to Treshermanos. One of the reasons we need to walk is because part of the way, we have to walk through trenches like this:
Carabou with wagons and dirt bikes can come though here. But, motorbikes are tough when it's 3 people (driver and 2 passengers) plus luggage & groceries. Carabou could work for the "stuff", but, for some reason, they prefer to have a villager help with our stuff and we're going to work up. 
it's over 80 degrees and 70+% humidity. 

After about 1 hour, multiple rest stops, we made it! 
the village kids all came out to great us

-------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget, I'm raising $20,000 until 04/03/2022 for Philippine Vocational School. Can you help? https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8HL5qm66vG


2 comments:

  1. Where can I send bottled water and sunscreen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! It'll be faster and cheaper for you to walk it here... I'm still trying to figure out how to get items here that I sent last year June.

      Delete

money & rides

Their money... The exchange rate was roughly 51p to $1. So, $100usd = $5,271.70. It was a bit hard to tell what was going to be cheap vs. ex...