Sunday, March 6, 2022

... and the hits just keep on coming... Cebu Airways

 I've had to switch my travel dates several times now because of this quarantine. From Manila, I'm supposed to be going to Bacolod which is my "final" airport while I'm here. 

Because of the quarantine, I had to cancel the flight and not knowing when I'd be released, couldn't reschedule so, lost the $ I paid for the ticket, lost the money I paid for the lounge in Manila. 

Now that I know I'll be released no later than the 9th (assuming I don't have the plague), I booked a flight with a more local regional airline called Cebu. 

I got an email today from them that there is some other crap they need me to do before my flight... Update my "contact tracing" information, and a couple other local ordinance things. 

Simple, click "here" to do blahbalala. I click, takes me to their website, then try to follow the directions. 

  1. use your booking number to update your contact tracing info
I follow the directions, go to the page where I'm supposed to put my booking number... 



dead end. 

I try to "chat" with their robot "Charlie". As anticipated. Useless. Calling them... One hold with them for about 45 minutes before someone was able to pick up. 

Had to find ways to work around their own system to do what they sent an email for me to do 🤷

Once we got to the page that they said they needed me to update my information... The info was already there. Hopefully, I won't have any issues getting on the plane. 

Everywhere I turn here, nothing seems to do or be what they say. 

In the meantime, still waiting for Red Cross to come and swab me. It's 12:38p, I emailed them about an hour ago to see if they would be kind enough to give me a ball park idea. Apparently, someone is on the way (that what their emails said at 12:17p) so, we'll see how long that takes. 


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should Ce-bu your ass home and cut your losses at this point. Or perhaps change the crowdfund goal from building the school to getting Avi to his final destination.

    Also can't your gf travel to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! gf can come here. But, what would be the point? I need to be there to set things up. We're actually coming back to Manila later this month to meet up with some friends for a few days.

    ReplyDelete

money & rides

Their money... The exchange rate was roughly 51p to $1. So, $100usd = $5,271.70. It was a bit hard to tell what was going to be cheap vs. ex...