My goal is to leave to the airport by 1a.
I take a shower, pack, go down to the front desk and let them know I'm checking out.
They make sure I have my negative RT-PCR test (release papers). Then go up my my room to make sure I left the place intact (there was a 1000php (Philippine Peso) deposit).
Front desk shows me how to order a "Grab"... (Local version of Uber). Helps my with my bags down stairs. We wait for Grab. App says it'll cost 275php ($5.25) to get to the airport. About a 20 minutes drive.
Grab comes. I have a backpack & 2 large suitcases (apparently weighting roughly 35kilo each).
The car picking me up is roughly the size of a 90s Toyota Corolla. Driver looking at my like I'm crazy. Not going to be able to fit everything in the car? 🤔. Trunk, 4-5 seats. I take up one seat. He takes up one seat. So, worse case, we've got a trunk & 2 seats. He's still looking like he can't figure out how to do this. He honestly at one point seemed like he was going to tell us to try another "grab".
Not wanting to insult anyone, I kept my mouth shut, but, it's starting to get me a little nervous. I wanted to leave to airport around 1a. It's already 1:30ish.
I finally speak up. I suggest putting one suitcase in the trunk and one in the back seat. Magic! It worked!
We're on our way to the airport.
You are released and all we hear about is loading up a taxi? You can do better!
ReplyDeleteCan you feel the anticipation mounting?
Delete